Thursday, March 1, 2012

Conversions are NOT our business !!



I CANNOT stand this kind of garbage! Somewhere down the line "Christians" decide to take spiritual matters into their own hands and they end up committing horrible acts and THIS is one of those cases. Now, I think I've made it clear here that I am 100% opposed to Homosexuality. Do I think it's wrong and NEEDS to be cured, of course I do, but DON'T think it's our job to cure it. FORCING someone to convert to ANYTHING is NOT an honest conversion. I'd rather have someone be an Atheist of their own freewill than a Christian at the barrel of a gun. Jesus did NOT order us to convert by Any Means Necessary; Jesus taught us to go and make disciples of all the nations (Matt 28:19), Jesus did NOT tell us to FORCE conversions (if I remember correctly, that was Muhamad, Sahih Muslim 1:33).

In this case we have Christians attempting to TORTURE the gay out of gay people. IMPOSSIBLE! The thing about torture is once it begins, the victim will do whatever necessary for it to stop! So a Gay persons can undergo these so-called "conversions" and say they're no longer gay BUT they'll always be gay at heart. Notice what I said there, GAY AT HEART! AND THAT'S THE REAL ISSUE! These "conversions" do NOTHING but torment and make attempts to control physical acts, and while that maybe effective in the short term in the long term it's ineffectual. We as Christians need to be concerned with the HEART. For our homosexual friends and family we need to be in constant prayer that GOD converts them and changes their heart.

And furthermore I'd just like to say that I am APPALLED that this kinda crap is going on in God's name. Atrocities committed in God's name WILL be met with it's just punishment and anyone who supports "conversion" camps are un-biblical and un-Christian. Thank you and God bless.

1 comment:

FT said...

Good one Ugo! We may be against the practice of homosexuality but this is not the way to do business with anybody coming to grips with it. I'm also glad that you also condemn other forced conversion tactics of any kind. I don't know if you heard of Ray Comfort (Kirk Cameron's sidekick) but that's another guy I have no use for when it comes to forced conversion tactics either.