Friday, September 21, 2007

The Final 60 Second Thought

Hello, it’s me again and Yes, it’s another one of those articles. But I have some news, this is gonna be the last article I post on here about this topic and then I’m gonna take a much needed break from all this religion stuff. Mostly because this whole thing has gotten physically, mentally and spiritually exhausting. I was gonna write a piece on David Mills and if you don’t know who that is you can look him up on Youtube, that guy does some really “great” things with the Bible that I’d love to comment on…but he’s not really worth the time.


As I did in my last 60 Second article, I posted a disclaimer warning you that the paragraphs following this one will be stuffed with things pertaining to God and Christianity. I’m advising you, that if you don’t wish to read any of that, you may click the CLOSE button now and continue with whatever it is you are doing. Please do that Now……M’kay, can’t say I didn’t warn you ^_^!

If you’re reading this part, I’d like to thank you for taking some time to listen. So anyways, due to the success of my last 60 second article (although I did advertise it) I decided to write another one and hopefully get people thinking and asking questions. I’m not writing this article to convert anyone or to tell you that you’re going to Hell. I don’t see Hell as a really important topic (frankly because I’m not going). But let’s face it, if you’re an Atheist or Agnostic, you don’t believe in Hell. So that point is rendered moot. I am however going to explain God to you, or at least my view of God. And I’m gonna start that off by telling you a little story, and I’m sure you’re all familiar with this story, but I’m gonna tell it anyway. So here we go:

In the beginning there was nothing. Nothing existed except this Being. This Being decided to create and create He did. He saw what He created and it was good. He then decided to create more, and He created more, and more and everything He created He saw, and it was good. And all of it was made in His own image. After He had created these things, He rested. Time went by and the things He had created began to fight each other. The Being saw this and saw that it was not good. So This Being decided to kill them all, except for a few and start over. And He did.

I’m pretty sure you’re all familiar with that story right ? What story is that ? That’s Genesis right ?! WRONG !! That is not Genesis ! That’s not even from The Bible. So what story is that ? It’s actually a story of mine that I written. Let’s take a look at what I’m talking about.

In the beginning there was nothing…I’m talking about the blankness of a sheet of paper. Nothing existed outside of that paper, but Me. I picked up a pencil and created something. I saw what I created and I liked what I had created. From that point on I created more things and I liked it all. Everything I created was created from my own mind and had a small piece of me within them. Hence they were made in My image. After I finished drawing these characters I took a LONG BREAK. As the story developed I had the character engage in a war, and the vast majority of them were slaughtered, except for a few who lived till the next story.

I told this story to show you my understanding of God. And ultimately I see God as an Author. Now, if you’ve read any of my previous articles I refer to that point continuously, mostly because I fail to see the difference between God and Authors. But in case you’re confused by this, I’ll bust it down to even simpler words so you can understand it. Not because I think of you as stupid or slow or anything. Only because I want you all to understand my train of thought and why I choose to believe in God, and maybe from my understanding you can come to a conclusion yourself.

But examine if you will the nature between Creator and Created. For those of you who have written stories you’ll be able to understand this easier. I am going to speak from my own personal experience, mostly because I can not speak for anyone else but me. So please don’t interrupt this as selfishness.

I have created TONS of characters. Good and Bad. And personally I love them all. If I didn’t love them I wouldn’t have made them. Case in point, I don’t like Vampires, hence none of my creations are Vampires. But getting back to the point. Everything I create, I feel as if it’s just a very small piece of me. It becomes a personal thing. I create these characters and I know EVERYTHING there is to know about them. I know EVERYTHING that will happen to them, I know EVERYTHING that can make them cry, make them happy, make them love, make them hate. I know it ALL. If it is possible for me to create an entity, who has it’s own thoughts and feelings and emotions and who I know everything about , why is it irrational to believe that there is some force who has the same knowledge of us ? Is that an extremely far-fetched idea ?

I mean if it is so easy for us to create beings, why is it impossible that we are the result of creation ? And I’m not saying this to disprove evolution. Granted, I don’t think we came from some primordial goo, or that we’re the result of The Big Bang. But I do have a belief that Human beings share traits with various things. I recall hearing that Humans and potatoes actually have a lot in common, as well as Humans and apes, and Humans and water. But like any good artist He leaves behind a trademark to stamp his work. Case in point, look at Akira Toriyama (creator of “Dragon Ball Z”) anyone who’s seen “Dragon Ball Z” can easily see the similarities between the characters of “Dragon Ball Z” and the characters of “Dragon Quest”. Two different universes, same art work, same creator. But then again I’m getting a tad bit ahead of myself.

Speaking strictly for myself, I’ve written hundreds of stories, and in each one of those stories I have killed people, had families murdered, spread disease, tortured hundreds, caused wars and wiped many things off the face of the Earth. Does this make me a bad person ? Earlier on I did admit that I do indeed love all my creations. But I also admitted to killing them and what not. Does this mean I hate my creations ? Does this mean I am an evil creator ? I do indeed admit to causing these acts.

I know what you’re thinking. It’s your story, you can do what you want. Which is true. The very fact that I created these things gives me free reign to do as I please. And I do. This does not mean that I will go buck wild and just have evil run rampant, and have everyone killing everyone. No. By my hand I allow these events to occur in order to usher the story to it’s conclusion. Regardless of the nature of the event, be it a horrible event, or a really good one. All of these events work accordingly towards a plan I have in mind. There is no event within my story that I haven’t taken under consideration, that I haven’t planned to it’s last detail, that I haven’t worked and re-worked from every angle. All these events that I have planned for my story I execute FULLY. Without opposition. Simply because I created them.

But I’m getting ahead of myself and I’m sorry for doing that. But this should start to make sense to you now. That it is possible for an all loving God to cause such havoc. I claimed to love all of my creations and yet I cause havoc upon them. Not because I hate them. So why do I do it ? Well that poses another question. Why does Man create ? And here’s the honest truth. The 100% truth why Man creates. Man creates to be one with God. That’s THE TRUTH. In all seriousness. Nothing is closer to God then the art of creation. Creation is God’s main claim to fame. If Man learns to create, He can become God. Sorry, didn’t mean to get philosophical. But it’s the truth. Think about it.

An Atheist might say, “If there is God, wouldn’t He leave behind some form of evidence that He is interacting with our world ? Something like a finger print ?” My answer. Not at all. Case in point, Does Frodo Baggins know that J.R.R Tolkien is actually the cause of everything ? Is there evidence that points to J.R.R. Tolkien being involved in The Lord Of The Rings Universe. Or for that matter,In any story you created, are ANY of the characters you created AWARE of YOU ?! Think about it. You’re face to face with one of your creations. What would they call you ? Not mother/father ? They have a mother and a father. What else could they call you except for Creator. What else could they call you except God ? Do you not know more about them than anyone else ? After all you did create them, did you not ?

But I am, again, getting ahead of myself and I apologize. This is my last article and I’m trying to go out with a bang. So forgive me if my thoughts aren’t exactly concrete. Now for starters I wanna say that I understand the stupidity behind the entire situation. I fully understand just how stupid I sound. I believe that there is some Dude in the sky who’s gonna bless me and who loves everyone. And I talk to some invisible force. I mean if you really think about it I sound like a raving lunatic who’s talking to an invisible friend. But in all honesty it’s not as if that invisible friend has told me to do anything bad, it hasn’t gotten me in trouble, and it’s trying to get me to stop doing a lot of bad things. So I guess crazy is acceptable when it’s instructing you to be good. (That’s a little humor ^_^!). To an Atheist however I am nothing more than a guy who’s talking to an invisible force, and I’m perfectly okay with that. Mostly because I’m a WaitandSee kinda guy. If God is real and he really is gonna come and pass judgment then everyone who doesn’t believe in Him will see, and if He’s not real, I can at least say that I lived a good life and will be remembered as a good person. And nothing is wrong with that.

I like studying Atheism and Agnosticism. Mostly because in the words of William Blake “Opposition is true friendship.”. I take that to mean that the more I question what I believe, the more I can understand why I believe it. And I believe this is the best course of action for anyone. I encourage people to study different schools of thought, and for them to make a choice souly based on what they truly believe.

According to Brian Sapient, who is the leader of The Rational Response Squad, I am a brain washed drone. If I were indeed Brain washed by Christianity I wouldn’t be inclined to instruct you to study other schools of thought. I wouldn’t be inclined to study other schools of thought myself. And as I have stated in my 60 second article, I have looked into various religions and philosophies. Many of them sounded great but it didn’t offer me what I felt I needed. What is it that I need ? Well I need purpose. I need meaning. I need answers. The reason why I think Atheism sounds great is because it gives you the sense of total control. But for me it doesn’t explain anything.

For me, as a Christian I can witness a horrible event and KNOW that something good will come out of this. Take The Virginia Tech Shooting for instance. That was a horrible tragedy and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, and I extend my deepest sympathies to all those effected by it. But, in the aftermath of that incident, are the students not more sympathetic, are they not more understanding ? Will they not be there for each other more than they were before ? Will they not try and make more time for their friends ? Will they not extend a hand to other students who they once deemed weird or strange ? I ask you, is that not a good thing that after suffering such a great loss you learn to care more, to understand more and to block less ? And I’m not accusing the student of Virginia Tech for being judgmental, I’m just saying that in the aftermath of this tragedy they are able to move towards a more compassionate community.

Again this is just an example I’m using. But looking at God as an Author explains so much of the hows and whys. Personally I see life as one big story, and everyone is the main character of their own story. But regardless we are all made with a purpose, we are all made with love. To prove that, some people would say that The Bible is sexist and that God is sexist. If God hated women, why would he take time to create them ? Why create something you’re gonna hate ? Again, I hate vampires, hence I don’t make vampires. That simple. Second, God made ALL THINGS in his image. That includes women. If he were to hate them, He’d have to hate himself for creating them and hate his own image.

This same logic applies to all things. God created “special” children in His own image as well. All things are the work of God and ALL THINGS have a reason for being. We may not know what that reason is, but there is one. This is the cool part of Christianity, the knowledge that everything WILL work out. When you’re a Christian, worrying shouldn’t be in your vocabulary anymore. And that’s a hard one to swallow, because I worry sometimes, but another part of me is saying “Relax dude, just relax. It’s all gonna work out.”. And when I say “work out”, I don’t mean some giant rain cloud is gonna come and wash away all my problems and I’m gonna problem free forever. When I say “Work Out” I mean that there is an underlining plan going on behind the scenes. A ripple effect that I can’t see that will shape the coming events of either my life or someone else’s life.

I will never say Christians have no problems. If anything you get MORE problems when you become a Christian. But in the midst of that, again you have something telling you not to worry. That’s why I’m not tripping over atheists calling me crazy or people saying that Christians are judgmental, evil and amoral, pious, jerks. I don’t worry about it. Not at all. Sure it makes me a little sad, but I refuse to let it get to me. And I get on Christians about this to. We shouldn’t be judgmental. If anything we should be the most humble people on the planet. At least that’s what my Bible says. “Judge not lest ye be judged.”. Plain and simple. Don’t point a finger because 3 are pointed right back at you.”. And some Christians fail to understand this. I don’t care. Those people aren’t making a real good case for us. And when people like David Mills do what they do, they’re not making a real good case for atheism either. So each side has their fair share of morons.

But I digress. I said I wasn’t gonna do a piece on David Mills, and I’m not. I’m here to talk about what it is that makes me believe and that’s what I’m gonna do. Ya gotta forgive me. Going out with a bang is a lot harder than I thought ^_^! Little humor.

Anyway. Looking at God from the perspective of Him being an Author clears up so much confusion for me. Because as a child, I would go to church, but I was a child and I didn’t really understand what was going on. All I knew was this is a place we got to every Sunday, as I got older and began reading and studying The Bible, I began to slowly understand what it was that I was doing everytime I went to this building. But it wasn’t until I was 18 when I discovered who God really was. I mean I knew who God was I just didn’t know who he was. God was an artist. God was an artist just like me. The only difference is He gave His creation the ability to be aware of Him. It’s amazing really, when you think about it. It’d be like a character you created was suddenly able to talk to you and was aware that he was the result of you, a sheet of paper and pencil.

I am aware of God. I am aware of The Author. I see pass the world and I see what’s really going on. Kinda like in “The Matrix”. Everything has some kind of sense, some kind of reason for being. This is what I feel. This is what I believe. That everything has a purpose and a reason and a meaning. What is crazy about that ? What is so horrible and so dangerous about that ? People like Sam Harris and Brian Flemming, will attest to Christian being by far the most worst human beings on the face of the planet. But that’s just it. We are all human beings and according to The Bible “We all fall short !”. None of us are perfect. NO ONE. Not one. As a Christian I ask you, do I pose a threat to you ? Am I a danger to you at all. Have I ever appeared to be dangerous. Have I ever given you a reason to believe that I could possibly be a danger to you ? If I have, I can assure you that it was not my intent. And yet, we have people who would refuse to believe me, simply because I am a Christian.

Many will say, Hitler was a Christian. Well, Hitler was also a Vegetarian. Do I fear that all Vegetarians are gonna band together and kill a bunch of people ? Of course not. That would be irrational of me. The K.K.K was an organization founded by Christians. I can truly accept the fact that The K.K.K were not real Christians. Simply because if they took the time to read The Bible, they’d understand that racism and murder is wrong. Would I reasonably side with a religion that advocated the murdering of thousands of people ? No. And yes, I have read The Bible. I know that God did indeed have his followers go to war and murder. But in those cases, God NEVER ordered death without reason. That is something I can say with 100% certainty. Just as no Author kills a character off for no reason, my God does not kill for no reason.

My thoughts are a little jumbled right now, I’m writing this article day by day, little by little so bare with me, Please. This brain washing thing that some atheists believe we Christians have suffered. I feel somewhat bad for them. And I know as atheists or agnostics yourselves you’ve probably heard this before, but in all honesty I do feel sad for you. Why ? God is kinda like a really powerful alarm system. It makes me feel safe knowing it’s always there and it’s always on. But for those of you without it, you may not think you need it because nothing bad has happened, but when something finally does, what can you say then ? Bad analogy, I know, and forgive me. It’s late. What I’m trying to say is that I believe that The Creator Of The Universe is watching my back, I believe that The Creator Of The Universe loves me. HOW IN ANY TRAIN OF THOUGHT is that DANGEROUS ! How is that a bad thing ! What is so evil, so vile, so sick about that ?!

Yet still, I am a very dangerous man. I’m a Brain Washed Zombie who has nothing better to do with his time than to tell you that The Creator Of The Universe loves you, wants to help you anyway He can. Yes, I’m a very awful person. I am a horrible, horrible person. I should be in a mental hospital because I’m saying that an invisible force is telling me to be good to people, is telling me not to kill anyone, is telling me not to judge anyone, is telling me that I can be a good person, is telling me not to steal, is telling me not to lie, is telling me not to cheat on my wife (if I ever get one). Yes, I am a sick, sick, vile, evil dangerous person. Yes I am. I’m a sick, evil person because I believe in a placed called Heaven which is a paradise, and I wanna see AS MANY people as I can see go there. I am a sick person because I believe in a place called Hell which is a place of God’s wrath and eternal punishment, and I wanna see NO ONE go there. Yes, I am sick. Cure me. Cure me. I’m a horrible person because I believe that there is a God who has a plan for everything and nothing is done without meaning, and that EVERYONE’S life is meaningful. Yes all these things I believe is just horrible. I’m an awful person.

You see this. This is the outline of what I believe. I mean, The Creator of The Universe wants to help you ! I mean if there is a God and you deny His help, that’s a huge slap in the face. That’s like saying “FUCK YOU!” to your mother for no reason. You mother would still love you even after that, but she would be VERY HURT. And God feels the same way when you deny Him. Now I know what you’re thinking “We can see our mother, but we can’t see God.”. You’re 100% right. You can’t see God. But you can feel God. I feel God. I don’t mean physically, I mean spiritually. Something inside me acknowledges that there is something better and greater than me. This is God. Something inside me that tells me not to worry. This is God.

There are people who are depressed, who feel that they are unloved, and that no one loves them. And this is a lie. The Creator Of The Universe loves them. If you’ve ever felt that way, if you’ve ever felt that you were alone and you were depressed that no one loved you, wouldn’t it be great if someone told you that there was a being who created this entire Universe and in the midst of that created YOU, to be the only you in existence, and He did this because He loved you. Wouldn’t that make you happy ? Think about it. This guy/girl doesn’t love you, but The Creator Of The Universe loves you !

A murderer who refutes his past actions and tells God that he is truly sorry for what he has done, will be forgiven. Why is this a good thing ? Because it clears the false message that God is angry with you. Case in point: Paul was a mass murderer. This is a guy who hunted Christians for fun and killed them at a whim. And he enjoyed this ! And God showed Himself to Paul, and since then, Paul suddenly became Jesus’s right hand man. THIS WAS A MASS MURDERER ! No one is above being forgiven. But you just gotta want it.

Isn’t that awesome ? You steal a candy bar, God will forgive you, if you are truly sorry. You commit murder, sure it’s an awful thing, but if you know in your heart that you were wrong for doing this, and confess to God that you are sorry, you will be forgiven, in the eyes of God. And that’s a contract between you and Him. Because only He knows what you truly think and feel, men do not.

OH, something very interesting I just watched on myspace. There’s a bulletin going around about a little girl named Kelsey Briggs. I’m not gonna bog you down on details, I suggest you go watch the video, you can find it on youtube or on myspace. But this helps illustrate my point that even THE MOST VILEST of actions can have a positive effect. In the wake of the horrible tragedy Kelsey suffered, a Law was passed in her name to insure what happen to her would never happen again. And that’s a great thing. The only shame is that she had to be the example.

To finally finish this article and take a much needed break from all this, I’d like you to think about 3 things.

Number 1: Think of God as an author, and if you are an author yourself and you can not justify your reason for putting you creations through trials and tribulations,
then you have no right to ask God the same question. So think of God as an author.

Number 2: The Creator Of The Universe loves you and wants to help you, ask yourself is this a horrible message to tell people ? Even without proof, ask yourself. Is it ?

Finally…

Number 3: I want you to understand that what I say is not coming from years of “brain washing”, but coming from a stance of a person who has examined the alternatives and has found no better route than to accept the fact that I believe there is a God. I’m not ordering you to believe in God, I’m not saying there is a God, I’m saying I believe there is one. If you genuinely believe there is no God, I can’t touch you. And I won’t bother. But if you are open to the idea of a God than ponder this:


We all believe in energy, and as thermodynamics state, Energy is indeed eternal. So the thought of there being a form of conscious energy, energy that is aware of it’s self isn’t a far-fetched idea for me to understand. After all, we all have energy in us. This energy could be God. That could be His signature. But I’ve already said too much. Think about this for yourself.

In conclusion. I’d like to thank everyone who’s read my blogs and posted comments. I wanna thank Liz personally for keeping me focused and cheering me on, I love you for that, you know this already. I wanna thank everyone who’s read and commented on the the first “60 Second Thought”, blog. And finally I wanna Thank (and you already saw this coming) God for giving me the time and energy to write this and make it somewhat coherent and logical. So that’s that. I hope I didn’t sound like a jerk or was offensive in anyway, and if I was, I’m sorry, that was not my intent. So this was my final blog before I take my much needed hiatus from all this stuff. I’ll probably come up with some new articles in a few months or so…maybe in the late winter or when something really inspires me, other than that, I’m taking a break. However I’m usually online 24/7 and if you have any question feel free to message me and ask, if I can I’ll give you answer, if not I’ll refer you to someone who can. My last words are the obvious ones I always use. Thank you for reading, and whether you believe in Him or not may God bless you, and depending on the time you read this, have a great day…or a good night.
Thanks again.

And here’s a list of stuff to check out….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LovlExfCNT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2RD4vTuPN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S2wTVWqYDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AeC4C1dCDw (a little humor ^_^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFve5PaKoco (The “Great” David Mills !!!) And I have intentions of buying his book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlPwUIR2sDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FnwXKjj7M
I wouldn't exactly use George Bush as an example of a Christian leader...Just because he says it doesn't exactly mean he understands it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzP3_B0t67Y (More from The “Great” David Mills !!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXHDF8Z3d1U

No comments: